Networking and social engagement is an interestingly interwoven "Art"
The best content is of no value if you have no network to share it with
Your Network is of no value if you don't engage and communicate
Your communication is a one way street if people can't get back to your presence
Your presence is of no value if you don't engage
The following 20 tips are grouped for each of the four key layer:
1) Ask people questions sparking conversations
2) Be thankful, mention others, help them, feature their XeeMe
3) Add some fun and be entertaining (if you can)
4) Comment on relevnat posts from people relevant to you.
5) Make sure everybody can find your entire social presence wherever you are – make your XeeMe to your signature
1) Do rather smaller and more blog posts
2) Watch YouTube and share good content with others
3) Upload photos, screenshots, anything important to you on your prefered photo sharing site
4) Digg or stumble important things and share that URL with others
5) Be accessible. Nothing is more annoying than not finding the author / contributor with a single click. Use your XeeMe.
1) Create Lists/Cadres/Circles and go through them once a day to not miss any of your relevant connections
2) Build a solid foundation through the people you know
3) Offer to connect instead of just connecting all over
4) Communicate your entire presence with your network all the time
5) Create a meaningful segmentation of your contacts.
1) Have a complete profile with photo on all sites you are on. Consider removing a profile if you don't use it.
2) Put all and every profile on your XeeMe.
3) Put your XeeMe as primary link on every profile
4) Make your XeeMe your primary point of contact on all communication
5) Monitor your presence analytics at least once a week
(my entire social presence)