So, you’re on Twylah. Now what?
As many of you know, Twylah transforms your tweets into an awesome looking website that organizes and brands your tweets. What many of you may not know is how to optimize your Twylah pages to get the most out of your Twylah experience.
Following are the top 3 strategies you can implement TODAY to get significantly more value out of your Twylah and Twitter activity.
The best way to increase the effectiveness and impact of your Twylah experience is to host your Twylah page on your own domain or website. Custom domains for your Twylah pages can dramatically increase the footprint of your website on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo!.
Hosting your Twylah page on your domain helps you:
- Gain control over your own content and traffic
- Get more search traffic from your Twitter activity
- Transform your tweets into on-line leads or sales on your own website.
The instructions are simple:
1. In your DNS manager, create a new CNAME and name it "tweets"
2. Point the CNAME to www.twylah.com
3. Verify that the new subdomain points to the right place (when you go to tweets.YOURDOMAIN.com, it should take you to www.twylah.com)
4. Email customdomains at twylah.com to let us know it's set up — please be sure to specify your Twitter username and the new subdomain info
5. The Twylah team will "flip the switch," and your Twylah Page will render on your domain
For more detailed instructions, simply email customdomains at twylah.com.
The only way to give your Twitter followers MORE of what they are looking for, when they are looking for it, is through a Twylah power tweet.
A power tweet (a tweet from Twylah as opposed to Twitter or other client) creates a custom landing page for your tweet, which includes an automatic link back to your Twylah page, the text of your tweet, any linked content, and other related tweets of yours.
Because Twylah pulls in “related tweets” on the landing page, you are giving your audience more content on the same topics they just clicked on. As a result, power tweets increase engagement (as defined by time spent on your Twitter content) by 40x!
Viewers who land on power tweet links typically spend several minutes with your content and your brand.
Twylah pages are centered around your Twitter content, specifically the topics you tweet about most.
Twylah chooses your topics based on the frequency and recency of your tweets. If you want to add a topic, you may need to tweet about that topic more and more frequently.
Additionally, you can “manage topics” through the drop down menu at the top right of your page. Just sign in to your page, click on the drop down menu. You can hide up to 10 topics and “pin” your top 3.
By implementing any one (or all 3) of these strategies, you are sure to enhance your Twylah experience and results.
And if you don’t yet have a Twylah page, you can get more information and/or request an invitation here: http://www.twylah.com/